We have a dedicated workshop - www.newbornbabyworkshops.co.uk
Our photography workshops are for those that are wishing to specialise in the art of newborn photography. You don't need to be an established photographer, nor do you need any previous photography experience.
Prior to the workshop you will need to be able to put your camera in manual to change settings. We can help you with this.
You need to bring your DSLR camera and ideally a 50mm lens and/or a 24-70mm
1. Why should I consider training in newborn photography? Training in newborn photography equips you with the skills and knowledge needed to handle delicate babies, create stunning and safe poses, and capture precious moments during a newborn's early days. It allows you to offer a specialised service that families cherish, while ensuring the safety and comfort of the baby.
2. Do I need prior photography experience to train in newborn photography? While prior photography experience is helpful, it's not mandatory. However, a basic understanding of your camera will be helpful although not vital before training.
3. What does newborn photography training typically cover? Newborn photography training covers a range of topics, including safe posing techniques, soothing methods, studio setup, lighting, client communication, wrapping, posing and business aspects of running a newborn photography business.
4. How long does newborn photography training usually take? The duration of newborn photography training can vary depending on whether you begin with our online training or come to an in-person training day. Our comprehensive online training covers everything we cover on a training day but it is completed at your own pace. Our in-person training day typically starts at 10am and finishes at approximately 4pm.
5. What qualifications do we, as trainers, have? We have extensive experience in this field, a portfolio of successful newborn shoots, and a background in photography and teaching.
6. Can I specialize solely in newborn photography after training? Yes, after training, you can specialise exclusively in newborn photography. However, having a versatile skill set, such as family or maternity photography, can enhance your offerings and attract a wider clientele.
7. Do we offer a reputable newborn photography training program? Research online to find our reviews, testimonials, and recommendations from fellow photographers. We have a proven track record, positive client experiences, and a strong emphasis on safety.
8. What equipment do I need for newborn photography training? Basic DSLR camera or mirrorless camera, a 50mm lens, spare batteries, memory cards, ideally a strap for your camera and a notebook and pen.
9. How do I ensure the safety of the newborns during training? Safety is top priority during our newborn photography training. We teach safe posing techniques and empsise always to have a spotter or assistant on hand. The studio environment will be warm and comfortable and we always avoid risky poses or setups that could compromise the baby's safety.
10. Can I practise newborn photography without formal training? While it's technically possible to start practising without formal training, newborn photography involves specific techniques and safety considerations that are best learned from experts. Formal training helps you avoid common mistakes, provides guidance on posing, and ensures you're equipped to create a safe and comfortable environment for the baby.
11. How much does newborn photography training cost? Our online training is typicallly £125 although we do have special offers from time to time on this. Our in-person training is £350.
12. Can I start my own newborn photography business after training? Yes, training in newborn photography can provide you with the skills and confidence to start your own business. You'll need to learn not only the photography techniques but also the business aspects, such as marketing, pricing, and client management.
13. How do I continue learning and improving after training? Photography is a continually evolving field. After training, stay updated with industry trends, participate in workshops or webinars, practice regularly, seek feedback from peers or mentors, and consider attending advanced courses to further refine your skills.
14. What are the benefits of specialising in newborn photography? Specialising in newborn photography allows you to capture special moments during a family's most precious time. It's a rewarding niche that can lead to strong client relationships, word-of-mouth referrals, and the chance to create timeless memories for families.