Newborn Photography School in association with The Guild of Photographers
Price £1385.00 - Payment on booking (Payment plan available, email us to arrange) - non-refundable but you can re-sell your space if you are unable to attend for any reason.
Typical payment plan would be: £285 secures space followed by monthly payments until May 2019
Prior to the workshop you will need a basic understanding of a DLSR camera as you will be using manual settings, although people will be on hand to assist you if needed. Bring along the lenses you are currently happy working with. Claire will teach about lenses so you don't need to buy anything new for the purpose of the school. Don't forget to pack spare memory cards, your batter and a remote trigger if you have one. We do have a couple of spares and mentees are always happy to share.
Comprising of four newborn photography training workshops from January 2019 run by Claire Elliott, award winning newborn photographer and panel member of The Guild, and trainer and Julie Oswin.
Held at the premises of Newborn Baby Posing Limited, The Cheadle Institute, 1 Cheadle Green, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2BD
Includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a 10% discount code to use at Newborn Baby Posing Limited on the day of each workshop.
Each workshop is designed to build and progress your confidence, skills and profile as a newborn photographer to help you start your newborn photography business. Extra mentoring can also be arranged with Claire.
Below is a brief breakdown of coverage for each workshop and the dates.Workshop 1 - Getting Started - 19th Jan 2019 9.30am - 5pm
- Basic safety - First contact & Parent preparation - Lenses, making the right choice - Session Styling - Shooting areas - Lighting, metering and colour balance - Simple beanbag posing - Making the most of a pose - Watch & Learn with 1st baby model, no cameras, you will be watching and taking notes - Active session with 2nd baby model, you will be using your cameras and assisting
Mentoring with Claire session 1 Optional mentoring with Claire to set your personal goal
Workshop 2 - 23rd March 2019
9.30am - 5pm
- Basics of Newborn editing - Using newborn actions - Solving recurring posing problems - Setting up props for safe posing - shooting in posing props - Composite posing - Photographing all day
Workshop 3 - 22nd June 2019
9.30am - 5pm
- Refresher on beanbag and props - School overview - Preparing for your newborn photography business - Photographing all day
Online support after the school via private Facebook group and emails. You will be offered a discount code for a guild membership from Claire and she will be available for mentoring towards the newborn qualification too.
Workshop 4 - Business of Newborn Baby Photography Workshop ~ 23rd June 2019
10am - 4pm
The day will be jam-packed with information giving you the foundation stones to build a stable and profitable Newborn & Baby Photography Business. The areas covered by Julie during this training day will be about running a Photography Business to include Pricing, Marketing & Sales. Learn how to price your products; how to build your client base; how keep your customers long term, maximising your repeat earnings. Sales, Julie will help you to understand how to sell successfully an learn how to read and understand those 'buying signals'. How you can apply simple techniques to market your business successfully in this very competitive marketplace.
About Julie Oswin
A full time professional photographer since 1994, Julie Oswin brings all her knowledge and a wealth of experience from running a successful Portrait Studio and Photography Business. Julie holds the distinctions of being awarded in 2013 a 'Master Craftsman' with The Guild of Photographers and a 'Fellow' with the BIPP. She is a multi award winning photographer including two UK titles, and a highly sought after Photographer, Trainer and Mentor. City & Guilds Lecturer of Photography at Loughborough College of Art & Design.
Nikon refer to Julie as 'a World-Class Photographer of faultless character and integrity'.
- “I recently went on this Newborn & Baby Business Training course with Julie. I couldn’t believe how relevant it was to me. I came away with a huge list of things to do and review of my current business and I’d thought I was quite well set up! Julie was so knowledgeable and was not afraid of go off topic to solve an issue I or anyone in the group had with their business which presented itself during the afternoon. She was able to give examples from her vast knowledge of running her own portrait studio and photography business. Julie was great, so easy to understand and just explained things in a way that you just got it! I would highly recommend this business training which was enormously relevant to me as a newborn photographer”.
- Tina Stobbs, Captured Forever, Northumberland
TESTIMONIAL - " I attended one of Julie's Business Training Courses recently. As a fledgling business I felt it was the right time to learn more. Everything was so understandable and easy to digest. I realised I have been lucky up until now thinking I knew what I was doing. I did not have a business plan, I most certainly did not pay myself for editing time amongst a wealth of other things. I most definitely recommend one of Julie's Business Courses to anyone starting out, or even established photographers who need to refresh their business. Great course with a warm and funny lady who will be honest with you". - Connie
Nearest Airport: Manchester (only 15 min taxi ride from our location)