For anyone wishing to focus on newborn photography we offer 1:1 and 1:2 newborn photography training, here in our studio at The Cheadle Institute, 1 Cheadle Green, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2BD in the following:
For new mentees our 1:1 training day is £650.00 for the full day in our studio, for returning mentees who are looking for a refresher or more hands on practrice the day is £500.00.
To view our workshop website visit www.newbornbabyworkshops.co.uk
Every course will be tailored to your needs but will include the following:-
First contact & Parent preparation
Lenses, making the right choice
Basic Studio Lighting set-up
Simple beanbag posing and workflow
Making the most of a pose
Assisting with posing during afternoon session
Choosing the right angle
Simple wrapping techniques
The training session runs from 10am - 4pm for full day training which includes prop posing. We secure 2 baby models for the day.
You will come away with a training guide and access to a 1:1 mentoring group on Facebook where all past mentees get to chat and support each other.
(Terms and conditions fo the Facebook support group are as follows:
Please note this is a support group for those who have had a full day's newborn photography training at Newborn Photography Limited and Newborn Baby Posing Limited with trainers Sandra Dorney and Sarah Hatton
There are few conditions that members must adhere to as follows:-
1. Anything posted or said in this group is confidential and not to be shared outside of the group.
2. No screenshots of conversations should be taken and shared.
3. Any training tips, videos, training guides are not to be shared outside of the group.
4. Unfortunately we do not allow prop sellers in the group with our sister company being Newborn Baby Posing Limited. We also don't allow recommendations for other prop suppliers within the group.
5. Requests will not be accepted for members who have not trained with us.
6. The group is for advice on the techniques you have learnt on the training day but members are welcome to ask and chat with other members on different topics).
'Great workshop with our two hosts - both very experienced and knowledgeable about the subject. Facilities were perfect. A total of 4 of us with 'L' plates so a small group compared to some workshops. All were made welcome by each other. Time spent on safety, camera settings, posing options with a stand-in-baby (SIB), wraps etc before the arrival of the first baby. Discussion/explanation continued as baby 1 was settled ready for capturing some professionally set photos. Plenty of posing options explored before baby 1 was able to call it a day. A delicious lunch had been provided with more than enough to go round. Baby 2 arrived during lunch so plenty of time for him to be settled and encouraged to take centre stage which he did - and some. Our 2 tutors showed immense patience and direction in an effort to obtain the perfect shot. In all, a really opportunity to engage with knowledgable, friendly professionals who know their game. An excellent workshop and a must for those thinking about entering into new born photography' Steve